Thursday, October 21, 2010

Guest Blogger: Tia Susy

Hello to all from the Fletemeyer household! Since Carrie and Kev are both pretty busy being parents, they've invited me to do some guest writing on Finnablog this week (sorry Narnce, I know you had dibs but I got here first)

Finn sends his love, he is currently being rocked in his car seat by Kevin, who took him on a long walk through the neighborhood while Carrie and I went to buy an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. For those of you unfamiliar with a co-sleeper (I no longer fall into that category after doing extensive internet research yesterday), it is a bassinet that attaches to the parent's bed and has only three sides so that the baby and the mom can be closer while baby sleeps. Finn has had a few rough nights and Carrie, in order to preserve her sanity and get more than 2 hours of sleep, decided to try this nifty gadget. We just hooked it up and Carrie and I tested it out. Carrie laid on her bed and I crawled into the bassinet and she soothed me to sleep - just kidding! I am far too large for that.

Things Finn did today that were cute

1. Everything.

Things Finn did today that were not cute

1. Nothing

In my completely unbiased opinion, Finn is one of the cutest babies ever. Also one of the largest - and that's just true, it's not an opinion. Although I think because he's tall he carries his weight well.

But seriously... I've been here since Monday evening, I took the bus from Chicago to spend some quality time with my sobrino (that's Spanish for nephew) - About an hour before I left I went to the Art Museum gift shop to get Finn a little something something because all weekend I had been meaning to buy him a gift but I never got a chance. I only had like 10 minutes and nothing appealed to me until, lo and behold, on prominent display was a children's book called "Finn Throws a Fit". What, I ask you, are the odds? It was destiny. And not only is it about a boy called Finn, because that alone was enough for me to buy it, but it has adorable illustrations. I include a photo of the cover so you will have an idea.


 Isn't it adorable? Yes. When you come visit him you can read it. Today Kevin, who is proving to be an excellent dad, read it to him. And guess what, Finn learned to read! Yes folks, this baby is a genius.

I feel really blessed to be able to spend this time with them, I know Finn will only be this little for the blink of an eye, and it's wonderful to be a part of it. Carrie and Kev are doing an awesome job - having a newborn is hard work! The past few days Carrie and I haven't even gotten dressed until mid afternoon. I really don't know where the time goes, but by the time you've fed him and burped him and watched him be adorable and rocked him to sleep and do it all over again a few times, the day is gone. It's a lot of work, but of course it's worth it. He's a little miracle in a tiny hat. And we love him.

We know you've been dying for more photos, so I've been taking lots. Enjoy!

 Aunt Susy and Finn meet for the first time - love at first sight!

 Carrie in her ninja wrap - it's actually called a Moby Wrap and it's so she can carry Finn around and still have her hands free. It's a little tricky at first but once they get used to it Finn will be riding in style

 The "F" is for Fantastically cute

 The other picture of him bathing was too risque for the interwebs.

No shirt, no shoes, no problem. 

 Stretching
 Go Bucks! and Monkeys
 he loves his mama
 don't cry little finny
Grandma drove a long way just to hang out for a few hours - We love her!

 mama fletemeyer, papa fletemeyer, and all the little fletemeyers
According to Aunt Kiki, Finn looks good in "jewel tones"

 Thanks Uncle Max and Aunt Elisabeth for the awesome crib!

 Happy little family :)


Tia Susy signing off for now - much love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We love the pics! Thanks Tia Susy for guest blogging. He is the cutest and that's totally unbiased, it's just fact.

    ReplyDelete